Kamakshi Khanna is a Delhi-based singer/songwriter whose music draws inspiration from diverse influences. Ranging from RnB and Soul to Pop and Indie Folk, her journey is one of conscious reinvention. An overthinker and daydreamer, most of Kamakshi’s ideas come from sudden spurts of introspection inspired by her lived experiences and her tendency to attach emotional depth to the mundane. For a lot of her listeners, her music embodies strength in vulnerability and her songs are earworms for solitude and reflection.
- Duur, a collaboration with OAFF was featured in the Netflix series ‘The Fame Game’ starring Madhuri Dixit. Her other stints in the OTT/Film World include ‘Chhan Chhan’ with Parekh & Singh as part of Zee 5 series, ‘Kaun Banega Shikharwati,’ and ‘Tere Jaisa’ with Vaibhav Bundoo featured in Netflix’s ‘The Kota Factory’
- Her Single, Qareeb in association with Artist Originals has garnered over 2M views and over 1M+ audio streams across platforms along with bagging Rolling Stone India’s ‘Song Of The Year’ award in the second edition of ‘The Indies’.
- Performed her music at several major festivals in India including NH7 Weekender, Vh1 Supersonic, and The Lil Flea.
- Covered the classic 90s Indie Pop tune, Oh Sanam by Lucky Ali which went viral on Instagram and subsequently, on YouTube with over 1M+ organic views across all platforms.
- Performed her first-ever solo US tour in 2018, across cities like New York, Austin and LA at notable venues including Rockwood Music Hall, Hotel Cafe, and Sofar Sounds.
- Launched her own unique series called Green Room Sessions where Kamakshi showcases the initial and stripped-down versions of her unreleased music from her bedroom. The series has gone on to receive a ton of fan engagement, with around 250K + organic views across all platforms.